Nearly 100 years ago, one of the most fondly remembered U.S. presidents was born.
John F. Kennedy was born May 29, 1917, in Brookline, Massachusetts, a little town just outside of center Boston. His eventual rise to president should come as no surprise after learning his family lineage. His father, Joseph P. Kennedy, Sr., was a politician and his mother Rose Kennedy was a socialite and philanthropist.
John, or Jack as he was commonly known, was Joseph and Rose's second child. The elite Boston couple went on to have seven more children.
JFK enrolled in Harvard University in 1935 and graduated in with a degree in international affairs. After college, he served the Navy in World War II before joining the House of Representatives in 1952. One year after his rise in the political world, he married his future first lady Jacqueline Bouvier.
Seven years later, JFK successfully ran for president, becoming the first American president to be born in the 20th century.
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- ‘To the boy who doesn’t let anything get him down’: Mom honors Disa…
- Nordstrom shoppers are raving about how well these white pants fit: ‘I…
- These are the 25 fashion and beauty deals you don’t want to miss at Am…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!