Nearly 100 years ago, one of the most fondly remembered U.S. presidents was born.
John F. Kennedy was born May 29, 1917, in Brookline, Massachusetts, a little town just outside of center Boston. His eventual rise to president should come as no surprise after learning his family lineage. His father, Joseph P. Kennedy, Sr., was a politician and his mother Rose Kennedy was a socialite and philanthropist.
John, or Jack as he was commonly known, was Joseph and Rose's second child. The elite Boston couple went on to have seven more children.
JFK enrolled in Harvard University in 1935 and graduated in with a degree in international affairs. After college, he served the Navy in World War II before joining the House of Representatives in 1952. One year after his rise in the political world, he married his future first lady Jacqueline Bouvier.
Seven years later, JFK successfully ran for president, becoming the first American president to be born in the 20th century.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!