Experts had long thought that dinosaurs were cold-blooded like the modern reptile, but subsequent research widened the field to include the possibility they had characteristics of both cold and warm blooded creatures.
Now a new study from paleontologist Dr. Michael D'Emic has concluded that the large animals' characteristics align most closely to that of warm-blooded mammals.
His conclusion is based on a re-assessment of an unrelated paper published in 2014 which documented the growth rates and metabolic processes of a wide range of species.
Though that research found dinosaurs to be somewhere in between being hot- and cold-blooded, his analysis differed from theirs on two points.
First, he disagreed with the dinosaurs' estimated growth rates because they were scaled from yearly to daily which he considers problematic.
According to him, this does not take into account uneven periods throughout the year which many large, often stressed, animals experience.
Second, he focused on their close lineal relationship to birds which still exist and are warm-blooded creatures.
He plans to further his research by studying other dinosaur remains to determine their metabolic status and variability.
If you're into dinosaurs, check out the slideshow below for more pics of the creatures:
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- 5 cute and formal maternity photo shoot dresses for summer
- Amazon shoppers can’t stop raving about this $5 product that gives you…
- TikTok mom shares what not to say to adoptive parents: ‘Please stop as…
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program