Manhattanhenge is upon us!
Nearly every New Yorker (and tourist) in the city is snapping the event straight to Instagram -- no filter.
This rare occasion happens when the sun aligns with New York City's street grid and displays the sunset beautifully in between the towering skyscrapers of Manhattan. This certain phenomenon only happens twice in 2015.
The first occurrence is at 8:12 pm on Friday and Saturday this week. Only half the sun will align with the grid on Friday while the full sun will set in the grid on Saturday. The next opportunity to view the phenomenon won't happen until July 12 and 13 this summer.
More from AOL.com:
Photographer Vincent Laforet soars above Manhattan skyline
Bald eagles nesting in New York City
Snowy owls have come to New York City
- Latest mortgage news: Rates close in on 6%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Former pre-K teacher hilariously explains why you shouldn’t share y…
- The Ninja CREAMi is finally on sale, and you can use it to make the mo…
- ‘When your toddler was obviously born an adult’: Toddler’s response to…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!