Manhattanhenge is upon us!
Nearly every New Yorker (and tourist) in the city is snapping the event straight to Instagram -- no filter.
This rare occasion happens when the sun aligns with New York City's street grid and displays the sunset beautifully in between the towering skyscrapers of Manhattan. This certain phenomenon only happens twice in 2015.
The first occurrence is at 8:12 pm on Friday and Saturday this week. Only half the sun will align with the grid on Friday while the full sun will set in the grid on Saturday. The next opportunity to view the phenomenon won't happen until July 12 and 13 this summer.
More from AOL.com:
Photographer Vincent Laforet soars above Manhattan skyline
Bald eagles nesting in New York City
Snowy owls have come to New York City
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!