Naples, Florida has a starfish problem -- but not the kind you're used to seeing.This isn't your average Patrick Starfish! These sea creatures are known as 9-armed sea stars, and thy look a bit different than the 5-armed ones that are normally depicted in movies and TV shows.
Though they're actually pretty common creatures, it's less common for so many of them to be found along the coastline.
The slithery animals are turning up in droves on the coast line, and some think it could be due to lowered salinity in the water from recent storms.
Sea stars are a species of star fish, though they aren't even really fish to begin with. According to the Smithsonian, the arms lengths on sea stars can reach up to six inches.
If you're into sea and ocean life, check out the slideshow below for pictures of cool fish:
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate edges up
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- 18 ways to embrace Barbiecore mania — for under $300
- Speech therapist is going viral for teaching little ones how to say no
- Pickles are having a moment, and pickle lovers will relish these recip…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!