If you're constantly searching for lost items or feel like you have to much stuff, it's time to organize and declutter!
Organizational expert Andrew Mellen created the perfect plan for weekend warriors trying to simplify their homes.
Friday: Identify the room or space you're going to tackle.
Don't overwhelm yourself by targeting your entire home -- start out small with your garage, kitchen or any other room of the house in need of some attention.
Set a timer for no less than 30 minutes and no more than 3 hours to start sorting items. Create piles of "like" with "like."
Don't forget to give yourself a 5-minute break after each half hour.
Saturday: Decide what stays and what goes.
Saying goodbye might give you anxiety, but freeing up space is worth it. The goal is to only hold on to items that have purpose, with each having its own designated spot for you to know exactly where it belongs.
Sunday: Putting it all back together.
While your instinct might be to buy bins and separaters before you start your project, Mellen says it's more effective to see what you're keeping -- and then, invest in storage.
More on AOL.com
An energy boosting workout that will perk you right up
50 summer picnic recipes
63 things you can do with a simple mason jar that will transform your daily life
Travel-friendly exercise moves for when you're on the go
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Hilarious Kid Answers To Test Questions
- These Cake Messages Are Wrong In So Many Ways
- These Pregnancy Announcements Are Brilliantly Hilarious
- $300K Refi in This Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…