A new Gallup-Healthways poll has revealed the states with highest and lowest obesity rates.
Hawaii's residents came out on top with the lowest obesity rate of 19 percent. Colorado, Montana, California and Massachusetts rounded out the top 5 with obesity rates less than 25 percent.
On the other end of the spectrum is Mississippi with the obesity rate at 35.2 percent. Along with runner-up West Virginia, both have had the highest rates of obesity in America since 2012.
The 3rd through 5th place states with expanding waistlines are in the South and Midwest, namely Louisiana, Arkansas and Oklahoma respectively.
These five have all been in the 10 states with the highest obesity rates since the annual poll began in 2008.
States with the lowest obesity rate:
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!