Following deals for merchandise, endorsements and even a Lifetime Original Christmas movie, the hardest working cat on the Internet is back. And this time, Grumpy Cat is a comic book hero. Meet the artist who made a Grumpy Cat bust out of bacon Grumpy will work with Dynamite Entertainment to bring her famous scowl to the pages of comic books, graphic novels and comic strips. And this isn't her first foray into the world of literature, either; she's already the "author" of two New York Times bestsellers.
The Internet-famous cat and her brother Pokey will debut in comic form with a three-issue miniseries out this fall, which will be bound into a hardcover graphic novel available later this year. Grumpy will also appear in daily digital comic strips that will appear online this summer. Mashable has also learned that other pages from Grumpy Cat's comic book debut will roll out in the lead up to ComicCon. "One of the most important responsibilities for today's comic publishers is creating content that will attract fresh new audiences to experience the wonders of the medium, and Grumpy Cat is the perfect combination of unbearable cuteness, instant fan appeal, and established multimedia presence to make just such a thing happen," Keith Davidsen, marketing manager of Dynamite Entertainment, said in a statement.
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.
Click through the photos below to see more of Grumpy Cat.
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- 7 of the best cooler bags you won’t mind schlepping to your next ou…
- Girls That Scuba builds community underwater: ‘We’re in it together’
- Instagram says you need a Brandon Blackwood bag this summer — and now,…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…