Apple cider vinegar -- particularly the raw, organic, unfiltered kind -- is one of those undiscovered natural remedies. Some people call it magical, and say that regularly incorporating a small amount of the vinegar into your diet can result in copious health and beauty benefits. Some also use it topically on their skin to reap its benefits.
As apple cider vinegar is a natural substance, many feel better about ingesting it than manufactured chemicals, but of course, it must be done in moderation. While ACV has great benefits, it is an acid -- all vinegars are. Consume no more than a few teaspoons per day, and never drink it without diluting it with water or juice.
Here are some of the beauty benefits we've found:Clear skin problems and stop acne. The acidity in the vinegar will dry out the blemish allowing new, healthy skin to take its place.
Regulate the pH of your face: mix 1 part ACV with 2 parts water and use as a toner using a cotton ball and lightly blotting around t-zone (forehead, nose, and chin).
Soothe a sunburn: add 1 cup ACV to your bath, and soak for 10 minutes
Give your hair body and shine: after you shampoo, apply 1/2 tablespoon ACV mixed with 1 cup of water, then rinse.
Encourage hair growth: ACV will stimulate hair follicles, and can also treat dandruff and an itchy scalp.
Give yourself an at-home pedicure by soaking your feet in equal parts warm water and ACV. Its anti-fungal properties will keep your feet healthy, soft, and clean.
Help with varicose veins because of its high levels of vitamins, which will work to deter and reduce the veins
Target age spots: mix 1 tablespoon orange juice with 2 tablespoons ACV to fade age spots
In addition, ACV has many health benefits since it's high in potassium and malic acid. It can also:Lower cholesterol and blood pressure
Promote proper digestion
Control weight by breaking down fats so that your body can use them, rather than store them
Regulates blood sugar (key for those with Diabetes), as it will lower glucose levels in your blood
Fights sinus infections and sore throats by breaking down mucous
Most strive for these benefits by consuming a little bit of Apple Cider Vinegar each day. Many create drinks with it -- it is not advised to drink it alone -- again, we suggest combining the vinegar with water or juice. We've also heard of a sweetened version: with about a cup and a half of water, 2 tablespoons ACV, a splash of apple juice and honey to taste. Others use it in homemade salad dressings.
Apple cider vinegar has a potent odor, but if you can find a way to eat or drink it that you like, you'll likely see some of the benefits we've described above. If you have one of the more severe ailments it is said to help (such as diabetes, high blood pressure or high cholesterol) we'd recommend speaking with your doctor before partaking.
More from AOL
World's largest hotel being built in Mecca
Solar plane set to fly from China to Hawaii
Media CEOs dominate ranks of top-paid executives
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- 8 of the cutest tie-dye swimsuits from around the web at every pric…
- ‘I held my fiancée’s sister’s baby, and she freaked out’
- Even your toddler will love this gluten-free, fruit-filled smash cake …
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Say Goodbye to Debt: 0% intro APR until Nearly 2023
- Making a Big Purchase Soon? These Cards Are For You