B-I-N-G-O. It's probably one of the first words you learned how to spell -- but what about k-n-a-i-d-e-l? Doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
That was the winning word of the Scripps National Spelling Bee in 2013.
One of the winning words from 2014 was also not easy to pronounce -- feuilleton.
Enthusiasts ranging from third grade through eighth grade have gotten their spelling on since 1925. The winning word from that year? Gladiolus. That's a flower.
But hey! The spelling bee doesn't just show off young kids' brain power. It also brings us cool things like the #spellfie. In 2014, that trended on Twitter and encouraged people watching the Bee to take a selfie.
To amp up some excitement for the upcoming Bee, the 2010 champion took to the streets to ask people to spell "guerdon."
Preliminaries begin Tuesday, and finals will be Thursday.
There will be 285 participants, with nearly 70 percent from public schools. Thirty-six spellers have spelling in their blood, with relatives having participated in past Bees. It's almost 50-50 when it comes to male and female participants.
There's a $30,000 cash prize from Scripps for winning. That would be enough motivation for us, but "Words With Friends" is also giving a $5,000 cash prize, Merriam-Webster is doling out a $2,500 U.S. savings bond and Encyclopaedia Britannica is giving $1,100 worth of reference works.
Knowing how to spell apparently p-a-y-s.
See more difficult spelling bee words in the video above.
Find out when to watch the 2015 Scripps Spelling Bee on ESPN this week.
More on AOL.com
Media CEOs dominate ranks of top-paid executives
Elephant grabs tourist's GoPro and takes world's first 'elfie'
Montoya earns $2.4 million for Indy 500 win
Solar plane set to fly from China to Hawaii
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Brighten up your day with these refreshing iced tea recipes
- ‘Unforgettable’ footage of mother-son dance goes viral across social m…
- These are the 12 absolute best Memorial Day deals you don’t want to mi…
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate hits pause — but still near 13-y…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!