By JUSTIN WILLIAMS
Fox 6 News
A man pronounced dead was on his way to the morgue, but then he moved! A Milwaukee man continues to recover after being pronounced dead earlier this week.
Milwaukee police say around 11:20 p.m. Tuesday night, May 19th, they were called to the Tower Apartments near 11th and Wells for a welfare check. Here they find what police describe as a 46-year-old man lying face down unresponsive in a bedroom.
This man is identified as Thomas Sandcomb, and a Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's report indicates that just after midnight, responding officers found him 'cold to the touch and in rigor.'
The police then called the Milwaukee Fire Department and when fire personnel arrived, 'no lividity' was noted, and he appeared very pale. Death was pronounced.
But roughly 45 minutes later, as transporters arrived at the scene, Sancomb exhibited 'spontaneous respirations and began moving his left arm and right leg — the patient had a heart rate.'
Sancomb was then taken to Saint Mary's Hospital.
Sancomb's brother says Thomas is getting better every day. And while FOX6 News cannot confirm anything as far as the cause of complications is concerned, there are documented medical conditions which can slow metabolism to the point that vital signs may be undetectable.
Meanwhile, a spokesperson for the Milwaukee Fire Department says an internal investigation is being conducted. The results of which should be available next week.
More from AOL.com:
Protests in Cleveland after Officer Michael Brelo's acquittal
Chicago cops escort girls without fathers to 'daddy-daughter' dance
Gen. Martin Dempsey sings to families of fallen heroes
9 brainy celebrities who earned advanced degrees in college
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate hits highest point since 2009
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Bring life to fabrics with the best tie dye kits
- Jazz up your wardrobe with the leading grommet belts of 2022
- Put your best foot forward with the hottest chunky boots
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!