1. Polls opened Friday in Ireland to vote on legalizing gay marriage. The referendum on amending the Irish constitution is historic, and is expected to pass. Officials expect a verdict on Saturday. Read more here.
2. Josh Duggar spoke out yesterday about the child molestation accusations for which his father turned him in years ago. "Twelve years ago, as a young teenager, I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret," he said. Read more here.
3. A suspect was taken into custody for the murder of four people in Washington, D.C. The ex-con was arrested a week after the incident, and police have not detailed why Wint would want to kill the CEO and his family. Read more here.
4. Cleanup continues for the California oil spill, and experts are now saying that it could have been way worse than it was. The pipeline was carrying 1,300 barrels of oil an hour which is below its capacity of 2,000 barrels. Read more here.
5. A Pentagon spokesperson has said the United States is readying to help thousands of migrants who are still stranded in the ocean . Read more here.