Summer cocktails for Memorial Day weekend (LIFESTYLE/FOOD)
Kick off summer right with these three cocktails for Memorial Day weekend
Bulleit Cucumber (serves 1)
1.25 oz. Bulleit Bourbon
1 oz. honey syrup (equal parts honey and water)
3 pieces of cucumber
1 wedge of lemon
1 splash of club soda
1. In a mixing glass, muddle cucumber, lemon wedges and honey syrup.
2. Add Bulliet Bourbon and ice.
3. Stir vigorously.
4. Strain into an ice filled rocks glass.
5. Top with club soda.
6. Garnish with a cucumber wheel and lemon wedge.
Palomaloha (serves 1)
1.5 oz. CAPTAIN MORGAN® Grapefruit Rum
Juice of ½ lime
Grapefruit soda to top
1. Fill tall glass with ice. Pour in Captain Morgan® Grapefruit Rum, lime juice and grapefruit soda. Garnish with grapefruit wedge.
The Shark Puncher (serves 6)
9 oz. CAPTAIN MORGAN® Coconut Rum
9 oz. Orange juice
6 oz. Cranberry juice
3 oz. Ruby red grapefruit juice
1. Combine all ingredients including Captain Morgan Coconut Rum in a pitcher and stir.
Discover More Like This
BACK TO SLIDE
Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial start of summer, so it's only right to kick off the season with a fun cocktail (or two) as the weather warms up and beach days become a reality. Check out the slideshow above for three drinks you'll want to serve up this weekend, whether you're relaxing at home or hosting a barbecue with friends and family.