If there's one thing apparent in the AOL Originals docu-series "Connected, it's that modern families come in all shapes and sizes. In episode 16, we see same-sex couple Eli and Ido explore adding another child to their family via surrogacy, and how Rosie's family has begun to embrace her current relationship with her post-divorce boyfriend.
For cast member Lori Levine, a successful business owner who is engaged to a father of four, the road to joining families continues to be a complicated one. In episode 16, a visit to the fertility doctor reveals that the possibility she and her fiancé Jan can conceive children is real. Though they are happy, they know they must be cautious about how they introduce this topic to his kids.
"When we told Jane that we were getting married, she didn't talk to us for two weeks," Jan says fifteen and a half minutes into the video. "We have to be very sensitive to their viewpoint on what this means to them."
"It's definitely a conversation to be had," Lori adds. "We're just trying to figure out what that conversation is."
When the couple talks about expanding their family with two of his children, their reaction isn't exactly positive. Watch how that conversation goes at 19:10.
Watch more episodes of "Connected."
Check Out These AOL Originals:
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!