If there's one thing apparent in the AOL Originals docu-series "Connected, it's that modern families come in all shapes and sizes. In episode 16, we see same-sex couple Eli and Ido explore adding another child to their family via surrogacy, and how Rosie's family has begun to embrace her current relationship with her post-divorce boyfriend.
For cast member Lori Levine, a successful business owner who is engaged to a father of four, the road to joining families continues to be a complicated one. In episode 16, a visit to the fertility doctor reveals that the possibility she and her fiancé Jan can conceive children is real. Though they are happy, they know they must be cautious about how they introduce this topic to his kids.
"When we told Jane that we were getting married, she didn't talk to us for two weeks," Jan says fifteen and a half minutes into the video. "We have to be very sensitive to their viewpoint on what this means to them."
"It's definitely a conversation to be had," Lori adds. "We're just trying to figure out what that conversation is."
When the couple talks about expanding their family with two of his children, their reaction isn't exactly positive. Watch how that conversation goes at 19:10.
Watch more episodes of "Connected."
Check Out These AOL Originals:
- Latest mortgage news: Rates close in on 6%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Grab these Sur La Table 4th of July deals before they’re gone — pri…
- Celebrate the 4th of July with these bold red, white and blue snack bo…
- Make your Pride party extra colorful this year with these themed cockt…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!