May 20th is Cuban Independence Day, the day in 1902 that Cuba gained independence from Spain.
To celebrate, we compiled a list of ten signs that prove you grew up Cuban-American.
1) Scrambled eggs and rice with platanos maduros
2) The Queen of Salsa, Celia Cruz
3) Pasta de guayaba with cream cheese served on saltine crackers
4) Versailles Cuban Restaurant in Miami
5) Merengue - the egg white and sugar cookie
7) Materva - yerba mate soda
8) Cuban Time
Scroll through the slideshow to see more photos of life in Cuba: