A dog who survived a tornado that killed her owners has been adopted by a rescue volunteer.
The Great Pyrenees had been found huddled underneath the arm of her owner David Tapley whose wife Brenda was nearby.
Neither survived the tornado that ripped through their town of Van, Texas on May 10. More than 40 residents were injured and the estimated cost of damage was $40 million.
The eight year-old dog was found by volunteers who were providing services for needy animals in the wake of the disaster.
She was initially found in bad condition, suffering from tornado-related injuries such as a head injury, hearing loss from a burst eardrum, skin abrasions, and emotional trauma.
Michelle Shockley, who was assisting the animal rescue efforts, decided to adopt the dog that same day and has since renamed her Emma.
Six of the Tapley's estimated 10 dogs survived the storm. Two have already been adopted while the others are being cared for by a local animal organization.
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Latest mortgage news: Rates close in on 6%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Sleepy French bulldog throws temper tantrum when mom says he needs …
- Nordstrom’s 4th of July sale is on — Here are over 25 of the best deal…
- Pack these 5 summer sandwiches in your picnic basket
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold