A dog who survived a tornado that killed her owners has been adopted by a rescue volunteer.
The Great Pyrenees had been found huddled underneath the arm of her owner David Tapley whose wife Brenda was nearby.
Neither survived the tornado that ripped through their town of Van, Texas on May 10. More than 40 residents were injured and the estimated cost of damage was $40 million.
The eight year-old dog was found by volunteers who were providing services for needy animals in the wake of the disaster.
She was initially found in bad condition, suffering from tornado-related injuries such as a head injury, hearing loss from a burst eardrum, skin abrasions, and emotional trauma.
Michelle Shockley, who was assisting the animal rescue efforts, decided to adopt the dog that same day and has since renamed her Emma.
Six of the Tapley's estimated 10 dogs survived the storm. Two have already been adopted while the others are being cared for by a local animal organization.
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program