1. Don't rely solely on your own work
Simply putting your head down and doing your job isn't enough these days.
2. Differentiate yourself
Try to separate yourself from the pack. You can do this by becoming an expert in a certain area or skill that can benefit the entire team or office. Be that person that can assist other team members, and increase productivity.
3. Be consistent
Consistency is key, and is one of the most desired qualities in a diligent employee. To determine how consistent you are, ask yourself the following questions: Can people depend on you to behave in a similar way across a variety of circumstances? Do you treat people equally? Does your social media image reflect your in-person persona? Showing that you are even-keeled and dependable will go a long way toward getting you noticed.
4. Ask about your manager's deliverables
Show your boss that your interested in what he or she is responsible for then circle back with a plan for how you can help on the project. This really helps your manager, and you'll show him or her that you're interested in the overall success of the company and it's broader goals.
5. Tackle projects outside your job description
If you're not able to help your boss directly with his or her deliverables, ask to take on different types of projects, or (even better) offer to do the dirty work no one else wants to do. Be sure, however, that going above and beyond doesn't impact your existing tasks.
6. Check in with your boss regularly
If you don't have great visibility with your boss, send him or her a note at the end of each week to check in.
7. Be Authentic
Being trustworthy and genuine goes a long way toward long-term career success.
8. Actively participate in meetings
Meetings are not most people's favorite part of the workday, but they're unavoidable for most. Make them work for you by making meaningful contributions.
More on AOL.com:
How to switch careers internally
No. 1 stretch desk workers should do before bed
MSNBC anchor's secret to success
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- The Best States to Retire in 2022
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of August 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold