The image of women home, cooking, and taking care of the kids is becoming a thing of the past now that more and more women are heading out into the work field and becoming the primary breadwinners in their families. Women are starting to replace male CEOs at a rate of 70 percent. However, despite the dramatic shifts in women's roles, notions about women's capabilities, compensation, and treatment in the workplace persist.Leading in a professional capacity means pioneering change— even on a micro level — to abolish these lingering barriers. Why should you lead?, here are 6 reasons.
1. Internationally, women still earn 10 to 30 percent less than men for the same work. According to a study of 83 countries.
2. Women make up less than 5 percent of Fortune 500 CEOs. Which is up from only one — one — woman in 1998.
3. There are more men named John running large companies than any women running large companies. True story.
4. To change outdated family leave policy, thereby emboldening more women to lead.
The United States is the only developed country that does not provide paid maternity leave. Recognizing all the loopholes — and limitations — of FMLA hopefully means crafting more egalitarian and accessible packages in the private sector and beyond.
5. To encourage women to talk openly about money with one another — and not be punished for it.
President Obama signed an executive order prohibiting federal contractors from retaliating against employees who choose to discuss their salaries with one another, thereby encouraging the exposure of unequal pay.
6. To encourage people to see unequal pay in black-and-white.
President Obama signed a presidential memorandum requiring federal contractors to submit data on employee compensation by race and gender. The hope is that the collection and organization of this data will encourage employers to see inequalities in compensation and correct them.
Click through the pictures below to view working women states:
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.06% APR. Can you save?
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Pay No Interest Until Nearly 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for May 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program