Some students with special needs were left out of the picture — literally. Utah's Blue Peak High School did not include them in its yearbook.
"It's kind of like they singled out the students that are in the transition program," Leslee Bailey, the mother of one of the students with special needs, told KSTU.
Amber Bailey has Down syndrome and is also a student at the Tooele County's transition program, specifically meant for students with special needs who have graduated high school already.
But the program has been included in the high school's yearbook the past two years. Just not this year. Why? Well, KSTU spoke with the Mat Jackson, the director of special education for the county.
"They don't participate in classes with those Blue Peak High School kids," Jackson said.
In the past, high school students have helped tutor students with special needs.
They didn't do that this year, but the program is still obviously affiliated with the school.
Fox News anchors were rather opinionated about the exclusion.
"How terrible is that?" Fox News anchor Elisabeth Hasselbeck said.
"For them just to stop, it seems hard-hearted. So, come on, just add a couple of pages, put these kids in, it seems like the right thing to do, " anchor Steve Doocy said.
Fox News anchor Steve Doocy mentioned his lunch ladies were in his yearbook. They obviously didn't attend the school but were part of it.
And Fox also tweeted out the story, leading to viewer responses like: "They shouldn't do that to ... children!" and "there is no excuse!"
Nearly one in five people in the United States fall into the category of having some type of disability, according to the Census Bureau's statistics for 2010.
"It seems they've gone back in time ... and we're going to tuck them away and say 'no, they don't exist,'" Leslee Bailey said.
More on AOL.com
Oklahoma school teacher shocks students with memorable yearbook photo
Firearms instructor who killed state trooper pleads guilty
American tourist dies while hiking amid heatwave in Israel
Newly discovered documents show evidence of baby stolen from Homer G Phillips
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- 7 of the best cooler bags you won’t mind schlepping to your next ou…
- Girls That Scuba builds community underwater: ‘We’re in it together’
- Instagram says you need a Brandon Blackwood bag this summer — and now,…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!