The most powerful man in the free world has less than $1,001 in cash saved up.
That's according to President Barack Obama's annual financial disclosure report that was released Friday. The only savings accounts listed under Obama is a "JP Morgan Chase Private Client Asset Mgmt Savings Account."
But while that account is surprisingly low in funds, it's probably because he and the First Lady have put most of their earnings toward their daughters' education. The first parents put away between $200,000 and $400,000 for Sasha and Malia to go to college.
Not to mention the family has more than $1 million in Treasury bills.
According to financial disclosure reports, President Obama has an estimated net worth of nearly $7 million.
In 2007, he was worth $1.3 million. That's a 438% bump from when he first ran for office.
But they aren't the top-earning White House couple. The Clintons have done pretty well for themselves. Bill is considered the wealthiest president and he and Hillary's combined net worth reached around $55 million, according to 24/7 Wall Street.
Guess it helps when you have a $225,000 speaking fee...
More on AOL.com:
Former Texas Gov. Perry to announce presidential aims on June 4
Kerry: Iran nuclear deal could be lesson for North Korea
Mitt Romney teases Evander Holyfield boxing match, achieves peak Romney
Clintons to report making $25M for speeches since Jan. '14
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 1.99% APR (15 yr)
- Need Cash for Your Fixer Upper? Use Your Home's Equity!
- Experts Recommend Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Dad’s impression of Elmo is spot-on, and his baby is totally here f…
- Mom’s all-natural bath remedy for restless babies is brilliant: ‘How i…
- 6 ways to level up s’mores
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!