By BEN LEIBOWITZ
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was headline news recently, but not because he was announcing his presidential candidacy for the 2016 election. Rather, Mark Lagerkvist of New Jersey Watchdog unveiled in an article that the potential GOP candidate spent approximately $300,000 of his state allowance to buy food, alcohol and desserts.
According to Lagerkvist, more than $82,000 of that was paid to Delaware North Sportservice—the company that operates concessions at MetLife Stadium, home of the New York Giants and New York Jets.
In order to better quantify the concessions binge Christie embarked on, sports research engine pointafter.com developed a "Christie Concessions Index." The chart below shows the amount of single beer/hot dog combos Christie could have purchased at each stadium with that $82,000.
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Subway franchise owners issue ‘warning’ over the chain’s newest san…
- People can’t get enough of maude’s wellness products: ‘Absolutely love…
- Block the sun (and haters) with this sun hat that’s perfect for big he…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!