By BEN LEIBOWITZ
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was headline news recently, but not because he was announcing his presidential candidacy for the 2016 election. Rather, Mark Lagerkvist of New Jersey Watchdog unveiled in an article that the potential GOP candidate spent approximately $300,000 of his state allowance to buy food, alcohol and desserts.
According to Lagerkvist, more than $82,000 of that was paid to Delaware North Sportservice—the company that operates concessions at MetLife Stadium, home of the New York Giants and New York Jets.
In order to better quantify the concessions binge Christie embarked on, sports research engine pointafter.com developed a "Christie Concessions Index." The chart below shows the amount of single beer/hot dog combos Christie could have purchased at each stadium with that $82,000.
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- These $22 packing cubes are how I get away with only bringing a car…
- Prices are up to 60% off at Athleta’s Summer Send-Off sale — here are …
- These 10 Alexa-enabled Amazon devices are up to 60% off for a limited …
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate edges up again
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!