In a bad mood? There's a color you should wear to let everyone know.
When we're upset, people say that we are "seeing red." Ever wondered if there was any proof to the statement? Researchers at Durham University have released a study that finds men look "angry" or "aggressive" when wearing the color red.
One hundred people were shown pictures of men wearing outfits that were digitally altered to either be blue, gray, or red, then asked to rank the photos based on aggressiveness or dominance. Both men and women perceived red to be aggressive.
But is this study stating the obvious? We've seen politicians wear red ties on the campaign trail, and business men wear their "power tie" to meetings. Major sports teams choose red uniforms to intimidate their opponents. Even golfer Tiger Woods is known to wear a red polo while playing the final round of tournaments.
Fans say this let's people know "Tiger is on the hunt." This particular study did not address women wearing the color red, but researchers say it could be a topic in the future.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates close in on 6%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Grab these Sur La Table 4th of July deals before they’re gone — pri…
- Celebrate the 4th of July with these bold red, white and blue snack bo…
- Make your Pride party extra colorful this year with these themed cockt…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!