Kerri Walsh-Jennings is a professional beach volleyball player and three-time Olympic gold medalist (2004, 2008 and 2012 Summer Olympics). She is the longtime competitive partner of Misty May-Treanor, but recently partnered with April Ross for a return to the Olympics in 2016.
Walsh Jennings is generally considered to be one of the best in the history of the sport, and has been virtually unstoppable for more than a decade.
Kerri is a mother to three children all under the age of six, married to fellow pro beach-volleyball player Casey Jennings and resides with her family in Manhattan Beach, Calif.
Recently, she partnered with Tempur-Pedic to promote its "You're Important. Sleep Like It." campaign that recognizes moms and encourages their loved ones to thank them for the sacrifices they have made – including all those sleepless nights.
She took some time to sit with AOL Sports and discuss her exciting partnership with Tempur-Pedic, motherhood and sports.
Q: Why did you want to work with Tempur-Pedic?
A: I'm so proud to partner with Tempur-Pedic for this campaign to talk about the well-being of mothers and their families in general. I love working with Tempur-Pedic because their product is the best in the business. As an athlete, I really appreciate sleep because it reflects in sports and performance in life in general.
Q: What did your mom get for Mother's Day?
A: Tempur-Pedic is getting my mom a bed. I love it – my mom is just the stereotypical mom, so it'll be a fun gift for her.
Q: Why is this campaign so special to you?
A: It embodies motherhood and highlights how important sleep is. It's the simple things in life that are most important. And the mother in me, I'm still getting used to it, but motherhood is a badge I wear with honor.
Q: What is the best Mother's Day?
A: Sleeping in 'til 9:30 would be heaven! Going to church, having brunch with my family, and really, just as long as I'm with my kids and husband, I'm happy.
Q: Where are you in the process of training for the Olympics?
A: I'm so pumped. My partner, April Ross, and I are on a mission to be the best in the world. We have little over a year and our goal is to be competing on the final day and bring home the gold for USA.
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- These $22 packing cubes are how I get away with only bringing a car…
- Prices are up to 60% off at Athleta’s Summer Send-Off sale — here are …
- These 10 Alexa-enabled Amazon devices are up to 60% off for a limited …
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate edges up again
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!