The AOL Originals series, "Connected," follows New Yorkers as they film themselves without the interruption of camera crews in a fresh twist on the unscripted format.
Among the cast is Rosie Noesi, a radio and television personality who has struggled to come to terms with her past divorce throughout the series. Noesi's current beau, caught in the weight of that emotional baggage, has attempted to propose to her multiple times on camera to no avail.
"This is Josh, pitching marriage to me," she says in Episode 13. "Go ahead"
"I know that your past experience has made you view marriage as like, marriage is the worst thing in the world," he jokes. "You're going to go from hating marriage to loving marriage. I will be the best husband. I will do any- and everything, and I will love you forever."
But her family's perspective on her former marriage is one of the largest obstacles preventing Noesi from moving on.
"When I was a little girl, I always looked at my father and wanted to be exactly like him. Kind, sweet, funny," she says. "He never put himself first. Also, he worked really, really hard for his money. He wasn't given anything when he came to this country. And that's why I felt so bad when everything crumbled."
Noesi faces her anxiety over her failed marriage by asking her father to take back her wedding ring. Watch his sweet response to her gesture 17 minutes and 40 seconds into the video.
Find more episodes of "Connected:" http://www.aol.com/connected
Check Out These AOL Originals:
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Get Funds For Your Future With A Reverse Mortgage
- Upgrade your favorite foods with these easy air fryer hacks
- Learn the basics of at-home baking with this perfect chocolate chip co…
- Chriselle Lim is changing the way millennial and Gen Z moms work
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!