A Welsh company's back-of-the-bus ad is getting some serious backlash.
New Adventure Travel in south Wales found itself at the center of a Twitter firestorm after it began an advertising campaign showing a semi-naked woman holding a sign in front of her reading, 'ride me all day for three pounds.'
New Adventure even posted pictures of the bus ads on Twitter touting it's new bus service, which have since been taken down, but shared and spread quickly by outraged Twitter users, calling it:horrendous, disgraceful, offensive, and, represents the commodification of a woman's body and trivialization of prostitution.
I will point out the one thing you can't call the ads is sexist, because although they commodify a woman's body, they also commodify a man's body.
New Adventure quickly apologized saying the slogan was "... in no way intended to cause offense to either men or women" and says it will be removing all the ads from the buses.
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate at four-week low
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- TikTok found an affordable dupe for Lululemon’s Everywhere Belt Bag…
- TikTok is obsessed with a woman who finds and re-creates recipes writt…
- Mom uses her toddler for ‘genius’ cleaning hack: ‘Work smarter, not ha…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!