A Welsh company's back-of-the-bus ad is getting some serious backlash.
New Adventure Travel in south Wales found itself at the center of a Twitter firestorm after it began an advertising campaign showing a semi-naked woman holding a sign in front of her reading, 'ride me all day for three pounds.'
New Adventure even posted pictures of the bus ads on Twitter touting it's new bus service, which have since been taken down, but shared and spread quickly by outraged Twitter users, calling it:horrendous, disgraceful, offensive, and, represents the commodification of a woman's body and trivialization of prostitution.
I will point out the one thing you can't call the ads is sexist, because although they commodify a woman's body, they also commodify a man's body.
New Adventure quickly apologized saying the slogan was "... in no way intended to cause offense to either men or women" and says it will be removing all the ads from the buses.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- TikTok is loving this woman’s elaborate work-from-home ‘hack’
- 7 of the best cooler bags you won’t mind schlepping to your next outdo…
- Girls That Scuba builds community underwater: ‘We’re in it together’
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!