An elevator ride turned out to be quite awkward for one man in Florida.
A video posted by Broward Sheriff's Office shows a 77-year-old woman getting into an elevator in Lauderdale Lakes on April 29. She's soon followed by an individual who asks her to stay quiet and quickly grabs her purse at knife point.
At that point with his back towards the door, he still seems to think that it is open and turns around in a flash. He hits his head against the closing door and now both the thief and the victim are stuck in an elevator going up.
For a brief period in the middle of the video, it almost seems like a routine ride with the occupants trying to look busy. Except in this case, the man is rummaging through the purse of the woman he just robbed and who also happens to be standing next to him.
The elevator door opens on the 4th floor. The armed robber doesn't forget to 'ssshhh' the woman one more time before escaping from the stairwell.
There's a reward of up to $3,000 for information leading to an arrest.
More on AOL:
Severe weather pummels US over weekend
Thousands turn up for Prince concert in Baltimore
Oil leak confirmed after nuclear plant explosion
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 2.0% APR (15 yr)
- Experts Urge Americans to Refinance in 2021
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Marc Jacobs Beauty best sellers are on sale right now for as low as…
- Bissell’s best-selling 3-in-1 ‘featherweight’ vacuum with 45,000 revie…
- Fashion influencer Sai de Silva talks balancing motherhood and running…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!