For some people, the thought of living in a van means being homeless. But for Steve from Manchester, England, the van is his home.
Steve, like many others, was worried about having to spend money on rent and thought of a creative way to solve this issue -- by turning his van into a home. Sure, it's not the most luxurious way to live, but it has all of the essentials Steve might need, including a sink, water source, and even a heater. While the van doesn't have a shower (now THAT would be luxury), he's able to use the nearby university's showers, which are available 24 hours a day.
Although Steve lives in a car park in Manchester, which is quite different from living in an apartment or house with neighbors, his lifestyle is the same as everyone else's. He rides his bike to work, and sometimes even has access to free wifi, depending on whether or not boats are passing by. And if it gets a little chilly in the van, he can grab a hat or hot water bottle, and he's good to go! Either way, his low living costs make the close quarters worth it for him, and in the end, he's happy about that.
To see how others are beating housing costs by living in tiny spaces, click through the gallery below:
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- 8 of the cutest tie-dye swimsuits from around the web at every pric…
- ‘I held my fiancée’s sister’s baby, and she freaked out’
- Even your toddler will love this gluten-free, fruit-filled smash cake …
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!