For some people, the thought of living in a van means being homeless. But for Steve from Manchester, England, the van is his home.
Steve, like many others, was worried about having to spend money on rent and thought of a creative way to solve this issue -- by turning his van into a home. Sure, it's not the most luxurious way to live, but it has all of the essentials Steve might need, including a sink, water source, and even a heater. While the van doesn't have a shower (now THAT would be luxury), he's able to use the nearby university's showers, which are available 24 hours a day.
Although Steve lives in a car park in Manchester, which is quite different from living in an apartment or house with neighbors, his lifestyle is the same as everyone else's. He rides his bike to work, and sometimes even has access to free wifi, depending on whether or not boats are passing by. And if it gets a little chilly in the van, he can grab a hat or hot water bottle, and he's good to go! Either way, his low living costs make the close quarters worth it for him, and in the end, he's happy about that.
To see how others are beating housing costs by living in tiny spaces, click through the gallery below:
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- ‘To the boy who doesn’t let anything get him down’: Mom honors Disa…
- Nordstrom shoppers are raving about how well these white pants fit: ‘I…
- These are the 25 fashion and beauty deals you don’t want to miss at Am…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!