John Legend can now add executive producer to his lengthy resume.
HBO has announced a new documentary that will premiere on May 18 titled "Southern Rites." The film will depict the of two neighboring towns in Southeast Georgia entrenched in racial tension.
The documentary, which will be directed by famed photographer Gillian Laub and executive produced by Oscar and Grammy winning recording artist John Legend, Troy Carter and Mike Jackson, will examine a variety of race related topics such as race a segregated prom, politics and the killing of an unarmed young black man that in turn serves as a bonding experience between both towns.
Be sure tune in as John Legend and Gillian Laub chat about "Southern Rites" on May 11 at 4 p.m. Tune in LIVE on AOL BUILD as seen above, as well as AOL.com's Periscope, and make sure to catch premiere of "Southern Rites" on Monday, May 18 at 9pm on HBO.
For the latest TV, movie and entertainment news, check out Moviefone.com (and Twitter and Facebook accounts) and AOL Entertainment on Twitter and Facebook!
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- These bike shorts are so comfortable, I want to wear them every sin…
- The Ostrich Chair may seem a little ridiculous, but TikTok is obsessed…
- 6 Nike sneakers to add to your closet for $100 or less
- Latest mortgage news: Rates retreat amid recession fears
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise