In a fresh twist on the unscripted format, the AOL Originals series, "Connected," follows New Yorkers as they film themselves without the interruption of a camera crew. Among the cast is Jonathan Bricklin, a writer and entrepreneur who was dating Oscar-winning actor Susan Sarandon when he signed on to the show.
Rumors have surfaced that the couple's split (seen in episode nine) was in part due to Bricklin filming their life together. In the newest episode, we see a short reconciliation of the couple when he asks her to join him on a getaway in Aspen. But upon her arrival, Sarandon appears hesitant to appear on camera again.
"I'm confused," Sarandon says over the phone four minutes into the video. "Maybe I should just go back."
Clearly frustrated, Bricklin asks, "Did you forget that I was filming my life?" To which she responds, "You told me that you didn't want to film me anymore."
Sarandon appears later in the episode with Bricklin, though the nature of their relationship remains complex.
"I have had a string of relationships," Bricklin says. "And my relationship with Susan has been the most meaningful one. And I love her madly, and she loves me too. But it feels limiting. It feels like I'm not as alive as when we're not seeing each other."
Watch more episodes of "Connected:" http://www.aol.com/connected
Check Out These AOL Originals:
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate edges up
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Make back-to-school extra special with these bento box lunch recipe…
- 11 shimmer body products to extend your summer glow way after Labor Da…
- Mom always knows best: TikTokers share important life lessons from the…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!