In a fresh twist on the unscripted format, the AOL Originals series, "Connected," follows New Yorkers as they film themselves without the interruption of a camera crew. Among the cast is Jonathan Bricklin, a writer and entrepreneur who was dating Oscar-winning actor Susan Sarandon when he signed on to the show.
Rumors have surfaced that the couple's split (seen in episode nine) was in part due to Bricklin filming their life together. In the newest episode, we see a short reconciliation of the couple when he asks her to join him on a getaway in Aspen. But upon her arrival, Sarandon appears hesitant to appear on camera again.
"I'm confused," Sarandon says over the phone four minutes into the video. "Maybe I should just go back."
Clearly frustrated, Bricklin asks, "Did you forget that I was filming my life?" To which she responds, "You told me that you didn't want to film me anymore."
Sarandon appears later in the episode with Bricklin, though the nature of their relationship remains complex.
"I have had a string of relationships," Bricklin says. "And my relationship with Susan has been the most meaningful one. And I love her madly, and she loves me too. But it feels limiting. It feels like I'm not as alive as when we're not seeing each other."
Watch more episodes of "Connected:" http://www.aol.com/connected
Check Out These AOL Originals:
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- 7 of the best cooler bags you won’t mind schlepping to your next ou…
- Girls That Scuba builds community underwater: ‘We’re in it together’
- Instagram says you need a Brandon Blackwood bag this summer — and now,…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!