When it comes to being a woman, you might not think of Charlize Theron as someone who has it rough. The 39-year-old is starring in a new sure-to-be blockbuster hit, "Mad Max: Fury Road," and has a long list of other successes, which include winning an Academy Award for her role in "Monster."
However, Theron knows the difficulty that women often face in the workplace, and isn't afraid to speak her mind about it. In a recent interview for Elle magazine's June issue, Theron spoke about how "girls need to know that being a feminist is a good thing. It doesn't mean that you hate men."
The actress doesn't just throw the "feminism" buzzword around, though -- she really does know first-hand how important it is. While it may seem as though Theron would be paid the same amount as her male counterparts, this isn't always the case. In fact, the actress had to negotiate her salary in the sequel to "Snow White and the Huntsman" so that she'd match the male actors. Surprisingly (or maybe even unsurprisingly), Theron said, "I have to give them credit, because once I asked, they said yes. They did not fight it." Her advice to women? "You just need to ask," she told the magazine.
You can see Theron starring in the new movie, "Mad Max: Fury Road," which is in theaters May 15th. And based on the previews, we would NOT want to mess with her.
To see more of Charlize Theron, and her relationship with Sean Penn, click through the gallery below:
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…