Washington went back in time Friday to commemorate Victory in Europe Day.
World War II era aircrafts flew over The National Mall in DC as part of the Capitol's VE Day celebrations.
Victory in Europe Day celebrates the date in 1945 when German troops finally laid down arms across the continent. The commemoration is observed in both the US and UK.
For the 70th anniversary of VE day, vintage bombers and fighters flew over the World War II Memorial in Washington. The flyover lasted about an hour and included the planes flying in several formations that were used in some of World War II's major battles.
CNN reports that one of the aircrafts had to make an emergency landing due to a mechanical issue. Everyone on board that plane is safe.
Check out the slideshow below to see photos from the event:
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Get Funds For Your Future With A Reverse Mortgage
- Upgrade your favorite foods with these easy air fryer hacks
- Learn the basics of at-home baking with this perfect chocolate chip co…
- Chriselle Lim is changing the way millennial and Gen Z moms work
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!