Lying at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean is a massive graveyard containing more than 150 WWII planes.Brandi Mueller, a coast guard officer from Wisconsin, was scuba diving in the Marshall Islands when she came across the incredible site. The aircrafts were dumped five miles off the coast of Roi-Namur seven decades ago when the Pacific War ended in 1945 and they've remained untouched ever since.
She told the Daily Mail, "For me, diving on airplanes, especially World War Two airplanes is really unique. Diving on shipwrecks seems normal, you expect ships to have sank...And because these planes didn't sink because of the war they are special. They should have flown more, lived longer..."
The find includes historic American planes including a Douglas SBD Dauntless dive bomber. It's best remembered for delivering the fatal blows to the Japanese carriers at the Battle of Midway in June 1942.
Many of the aircrafts have surprisingly remained intact -- others weren't so lucky and lay in pieces on the ocean floor. However, while they may be broken, they won't soon be forgotten.
Also on AOL:
Misdiagnosed for 30 years, woman walks again with a simple pill
Bank robbery suspect says he asked nicely
Tropical storm warning issued for parts of the Carolinas
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- If you feel like your muscles are always aching, you need this mass…
- From mini dresses to denim: Save big on Forever 21’s new arrivals
- 5 cute and formal maternity photo shoot dresses for summer
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!