Young men rescue man and dog from Roosevelt Park fire

Two Men Rescue Neighbor, Dog From Fire After Homeowner Falls AsleepBy FOX 17 NEWS

ROOSEVELT PARK, Mich. - Two young neighbors of a man who fell asleep as he was cooking saved the man from a fire that broke out. They saved his little dog, too.

Alex Bisard and Alec Edwards had just arrived home at Tiffany Woods Apartments in Roosevelt Park in the Muskegon area just before 8 p.m. Wednesday when they saw smoke.

"I seen him laying on the couch by the window," said Bisard. " He was saying, 'Help me, help me,' so I kicked in the screen and got him out."

Meanwhile, Edwards acted quickly to put out the fire, first filling a garbage can with water to use on the fire and grabbing a fire extinguisher.

The fire was confined to the man's apartment, and no one was hurt.

Firefighters at the scene congratulated the young men for their quick thinking.

Read Full Story

Sign up for Breaking News by AOL to get the latest breaking news alerts and updates delivered straight to your inbox.

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.