Mother's Day Pinterest Pick: Apple rose baked tart with caramel
By: Cooking With Manuela
Moms deserve the very best on their special day. Try your hand at baking your love with this Apple Rose Baked Tart recipe. The dessert not only looks amazing in pictures, but is also incredibly easy to make. Its sweet individual portions also work well for entertaining a group of people.
Apple Rose Baked Tart with Caramel
Yield: 6 roses
20 minutes to prepare
45 minutes to bake
- 1 Frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 2 Red organic apples
- Half of a lemon's juice
- 1 Tablespoon of flour, to sprinkle the counter
- 3 Tablespoons of apricot preserve
- Cinnamon (Optional)
- Powdered sugar for decorating (Optional)
- Before you start, take about 20-30 minutes to thaw the puff pastry.
- Add water and lemon juice to a bowl. Cut the apples in half to remove the core, then cut the apples in paper thin slices. Leave the peel on the apples because it provides the red color for your roses. Quickly, place the freshly sliced apples in the lemon water bowl.
- Microwave the apples in the bowl for about 3 minutes. This will make the apples slightly softer and easier to mold.
- Lightly flour your counter and unwrap the puff pastry. Using a rolling pin, stretch the dough into a rectangular shape. Cut the dough in 6 strips that measure about 2 in x 9 in (5 cm x 22 cm).
- Place the three tablespoons of apricot preserve and two tablespoons of water in a bowl. To make the preserve extra spreadable, mix and microwave for about one minute. Distribute the preserve on the dough evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Drain the apples and place them on the dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon to your liking.
- Make sure to grease your muffin mold. Carefully roll, seal the edge, and place each strip into a silicone muffin cup.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for about 40-45 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Sprinkle the roses with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Here are more beautifully sweet Mother's Day desserts:
More recipes by Cooking With Manuela:
Baked Bread Cups with Eggs and Pancetta
Bocconcini di Caprese - Caprese Bites
Bruschetta with Grilled Zucchini and Tomatoes