5 fresh foods to fight allergies
Allergy season is in full swing, and the the horrible symptoms can be a total buzz kill. But you can breathe a sigh of relief as The List's Donna Ruko, with the help of Dr. Ed Lamadrid have the top five foods to fight allergies -- and some of the miracle workers may already be in your kitchen!
1. Honey. The sweet substance works as a vaccine for pollen. It has to be local to work, and eating it every day will get your body used to that amount of pollen.
2. Vitamin A from foods like sweet potatoes and carrots can promote a healthy mucus membrane, which is where runny noses come from.
3. Quercetene works like nature's antihistamine. Found in onions, apples and citruses, it regulates the mast cells in the sinuses.
4. Peppermint tea, especially served cold, will soothe sinus passages and work with soothing the throat.
5. Stinging nettle tea is also a powerful antihistamine and works like quercetene.
Learn more about nipping allergies in the bud in the video above.
More on AOL.com
5 natural ways to relieve stress
Healthy office habits to keep the weight off
Doctor says this trick will put you to sleep in 60 seconds
Fructose consumption may intensify cravings for calorie-laden foods