It's been 100 years since one of baseball's greatest sluggers began one of his greatest home run records.
According to The New York Times, Babe Ruth hit the first of his 714 major league home runs on May 6, 1915.
The "Bambino" knocked that first homer out of the park as a player for the Boston Red Sox in a 4-3 loss against the team he would later join, the New York Yankees.
Hank Aaron eventually topped the record set by the "The Sultan of Swat," and then Barry Bonds since topped him, but for almost four decades Ruth's record reigned supreme.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Get Funds For Your Future With A Reverse Mortgage
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Nikki and Brie Bella share their must-have mom gear ahead of Mother…
- There are so many cute tie-dye joggers on sale for cheap at Nordstrom …
- These geometric wine glasses will make even Trader Joe’s wine feel fan…
- 4 Cards Charging 0% Interest Until Nearly 2023
- Fly Practically Free With These 5 Travel Cards
- Best Credit Cards of 2021. We did the research. Find a better card now