We all need to take care of our skin, but as you know, those creams and lotions can get pretty expensive. So what about all of those fancy anti aging, hydrating and firming ingredients? Are they really worth paying extra for? -- Lets peel back the layers and take a look.
First, never judge a lotion by its price tag. A higher price doesn't always mean higher quality. What's most important are the active ingredients in the product, which can generally be found equally in both fancy and inexpensive creams.
Some of the key ingredients you should look for are, Alpha- hydroxyl acids like; Lactic, Glycolic and Citric acids. Retinol is another, and is most commonly known as Vitamin A. Some people are sensitive to Retinol, so if you fall into that category, look for other antioxidants, like Vitamin C, Tea and Grape seed extracts.
Next, watch out for the exaggerated claims you'll often see advertised. Companies can promise a lot of things, but the truth is, the FDA doesn't require them to prove the safety or effectiveness of their products. What that really means is that there are no industry standards for phrases like, clinically tested and proven. So be sure to take those claims with a grain of salt.
Lastly, don't be fooled by trendy ingredients. Some companies will add various scents and oils only to make the product more appealing so they can boost up the price. Sure, ingredients like rose oil, lavender or even yogurt can make you're skin look and smell nice, but do they really make the lotion more effective? – Not really.
So before you start your next beauty regimen, keep these tips in mind. With a little extra knowledge, you can find some savings that are a little more than skin deep.
Click through the pictures below to see the 10 beauty products all women should own.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.06% APR. Can you save?
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Pay No Interest Until Nearly 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for May 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program