A sorority is going after one of its sisters and not for hazing.
Phi Sigma Sigma is suing a former member for allegedly spilling sisterhood secrets. Everything from the color of their robes used in rituals to the group's undisclosed name and secret handshake.
The lawsuit doesn't name the website, but the Seattle-Post Intelligencer found a post on the Penny Arcade comic site about Phi Sigma Sigma in November 2011, which begins - blatantly - with: "Phi Sigma Sigma secrets are..."
The civil suit reads, "The defendant knew that the information that she was posting had not been publicly disclosed and would damage. The defendant admitted in her posting that the confidential information she disclosed is never written down or recorded and that that the organization and its members consider the information 'sacred.'"
The sorority is seeking a court order to prevent the former member from revealing any more secrets as well as an unspecified sum for damages - which only adds to the cost she paid just to get in the organization.Some sorority secrets you just take to the grave...like, apparently, the color of their robes.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Nikki and Brie Bella share their must-have mom gear ahead of Mother…
- There are so many cute tie-dye joggers on sale for cheap at Nordstrom …
- These geometric wine glasses will make even Trader Joe’s wine feel fan…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!