A sorority is going after one of its sisters and not for hazing.
Phi Sigma Sigma is suing a former member for allegedly spilling sisterhood secrets. Everything from the color of their robes used in rituals to the group's undisclosed name and secret handshake.
The lawsuit doesn't name the website, but the Seattle-Post Intelligencer found a post on the Penny Arcade comic site about Phi Sigma Sigma in November 2011, which begins - blatantly - with: "Phi Sigma Sigma secrets are..."
The civil suit reads, "The defendant knew that the information that she was posting had not been publicly disclosed and would damage. The defendant admitted in her posting that the confidential information she disclosed is never written down or recorded and that that the organization and its members consider the information 'sacred.'"
The sorority is seeking a court order to prevent the former member from revealing any more secrets as well as an unspecified sum for damages - which only adds to the cost she paid just to get in the organization.Some sorority secrets you just take to the grave...like, apparently, the color of their robes.
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate edges up
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Don’t wait until fall to buy these 3 Free People styles — they’ll s…
- The mini UGG booties everyone flipped over last winter are in stock in…
- 5 cute jackets that’ll help you transition into fall — all under $50
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!