Turn up the mic: 10 quotes leading headlines right now
1. "No" -- That's the box Manny Pacquaio checked on the commission questionnaire asking if he had a shoulder injury, and also the reason he could face disciplinary action from Nevada boxing officials for lying.
2. "#texasattack" - The apparent hashtag that one of the Texas gunman, 31-year-old Elton Simpson, tweeted from his now deactivated account just 20 minutes before he and an accomplice opened fired at the Mohammad cartoon contest in Texas Sunday. The two gunmen injured a police officer before they were both shot dead by cops at the scene.
3. "... a spring assisted, one hand operated knife ..." - That's the knife that one of the Balt. cops who was arrested in the Freddie Gray death has challenged police and a top prosecutor to produce. His argument is that the spring-assisted knife, which Gray was in possession of, is illegal, and would justify the arrest.
4. "There weren't any children hurt, were there?" - What Colo. theater shooter James Holmes apparently asked detectives after he opened fired at the "Dark Knight" showing in Aurora, Colo., on July 20, 2012. One of the 12 people killed was 6-year-old Veronica Moser-Sullivan.
5. "I can't speculate on what was happening inside his head ... " - What the director of the French BEA accident investigation agency said in response to a troubling report saying the Germanwings pilot, who deliberately crashed a plane into the French Alps in March killing 150 people aboard, had practiced the fatal decent on his previous outbound flight.
6. "This is an absolute disaster for the working families of this country ... " -Liberal Independent Bernie Sanders, in response to the Senate-adopted GOP budget, which Dems blasted for taking the bulk of its savings from cuts to programs that help the poor and middle class, including Obamacare.
7. "It is better to prepare now than face much more painful cuts should it not rain in the fall." - What the Calif. water board chairwoman said after the panel voted 5-0 to approve new and unprecedented state water conservation rules that suggest, among other things, that Calif. homeowners let their landscaping die.
8. 'You must hang onto it, and look after it ...' - Princess Di, in a heart-melting flashback interview during which she talked about her hopes in life and love for her eldest son. Someone made it into a GIF given all the attention on the royals in light of Princess Charlotte's arrival, and it's giving a lot of people the feels.
9. "Best subway ride ever!!" What one Twitter user said who happened to catch U2 putting on an impromptu show in the NYC subway Tuesday. The surprise performance went down at Grand Central Station, during which the band sang some newbies and oldies. Oh. Bono wore a blue cowboy hat. And oh oh: Jimmy Fallon was there (#duh).
10. "The Kardashians in my book are completely valid" - What Katy Perry told red carpet correspondents at the Met Gala. The singer also said Kris Jenner was 'very important to her' and 'like the mother of everyone.' She added that if [the family] 'hadn't existed, we wouldn't have had the fantastic Bruce Jenner who is just evolving everybody right now." +1