LONDON (AP) - Queen Elizabeth II has arrived at Kensington Palace to meet three-day-old Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana.
The daughter of Prince William and his wife Kate is the queen's great-granddaughter. The latest addition to the royal family is now fourth in line for the throne after Prince Charles, William and her older brother, 21-month-old Prince George.
Her middle name was chosen to honor the queen and her third name pays tribute to the late Princess Diana.
The name Charlotte is the feminine form of Charles and is seen as a gesture toward her grandfather Charles.
The royal couple Tuesday registered Charlotte's birth with officials who came to Kensington Palace.
William listed his occupation as "Prince of the United Kingdom" and Kate listed hers as "Princess of the United Kingdom."
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- 8 of the cutest tie-dye swimsuits from around the web at every pric…
- ‘I held my fiancée’s sister’s baby, and she freaked out’
- Even your toddler will love this gluten-free, fruit-filled smash cake …
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…