Cleaning out your closet to prepare for spring?
Now is the perfect time to make some cash off the clothes you want to get rid of. As we already know, local consignment shops can be picky, and usually don't pay as much. Luckily, there are some great online options that not only make selling easier, but also can potentially get you more money for your unwanted garments.
If you're looking for the biggest bang for your buck, check out Tradesy. This site will sell any brand of clothing you have, as long as it's in good condition. Plus and petite sizes aren't a problem, even maternity and bridal wear are accepted. All you have to do to start is take a few photos of your items and assign your price. If your're not sure how much you should charge, they can suggest a rate for you.
Once your item sells, they will send you a free prepaid shipping kit complete with packaging. They'll even handle returns, so you don't have to. Best of all, Tradesy only takes a 9% commission; which is the lowest of all the online consignment sites.
What if getting the highest price for your clothes isn't quite as important to you as some quick cash. If that's the case, check out Twice. They pay instantly even if your items don't sell.
To get started, request a free selling kit to mail Twice your items. No need to worry about the shipping, it's free. Upon receiving your items, the site will make you an offer, and you can get paid right away. You can even use their handy pay-out calculator, to see which brands the site excepts, and how much cash you can potentially make.
Keep in mind, while this site might not earn you as much as you'll get elsewhere, if you're a casual seller trying to unload some designer clothes, this system can still be great for making a quick buck.
So this season, why not squeeze a few dollars out of your old clothes. Give these sites a try, and you'll see that you can keep your closet clean, and make a tidy profit as well.
Click through the pictures below to find 3 time-saving tips for spring cleaning.
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- The 3 Best Options To Borrow From Yourself
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of May 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold