Jane Seymour is an award-winning actress who's love of television and movies shines just as bright as her love for empowerment of others.
Jane, who is known for projects like Dr. Quinn in "Dr Quinn: Medicine Woman," or Kate Trask in "East of Eden," wanted to do something that helped inspire people to turn their personal adversity into a chance to help others.
The Open Hearts Foundation is a cause that empowers everyday people to fight through their troubles and help out those in need. The cause is close to Jane's heart as she was inspired by her mother's personal adversity, who had been a survivor of a Japanese concentration camp in World War II. The heart symbolizes the giving and receiving of love as every time Jane would paint a heart, it was open, and when there were two or more, they were always connected.
The Open Hearts Foundation Gala will be held on May 9 in Malibu, California.
Be sure to tune in to see Jane talk about the foundation, and the gala, on May 4 at 10 a.m EST. Tune in LIVE on AOL BUILD as seen above, as well as AOL.com's Periscope. If you would like to learn more about the Open Hear Foundation, visit their website at http://www.openheartsfoundation.org/.
- TikTok mom shares what not to say to adoptive parents: ‘Please stop…
- Just in time for summer, here’s how to get $20 off already-discounted …
- Mom shares controversial ‘folding’ hack on TikTok: ‘I really don’t und…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Hilarious Kid Answers To Test Questions
- These Cake Messages Are Wrong In So Many Ways
- These Pregnancy Announcements Are Brilliantly Hilarious
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…