Believe or not, Dick Butkus enjoys using Pinterest. The hulky Chicago Bears Hall of Fame linebacker finds a lot of use in tinkering with a social media vehicle used mostly by women, but he has good reasons.
"Well, to be honest, I really find it very useful," Butkus said. "Especially when it comes to finding things to get my wife."
And, of course, football is a major part of a new-found hobby.
In celebration of the NFL Draft, the NFL launched a series of new official Pinterest boards featuring engaging content for fans of all 32 teams. To support the launch, the NFL has teamed with Kristin Cavallari -- TV personality, fashion designer and wife of Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler -- and Butkus for web videos highlighting the new social platforms.
The Pinterest boards will feature a wide range of content to appeal to fans of all 32 teams. A sampling of boards include:
32 new team style boards
Baby fan pictures dubbed "Rookie of the Year"
Homegating recipes and tips
Rules of NFL Fan Style
Game Day Glam for style inspirations
By the Numbers featuring game stats
On-Field Fashion featuring player photos
In addition to raving about the engaging Pinterest boards, Butkus discussed some hot football topics, one of which was the NFL Draft. Butkus spent the past year examining some of the brightest collegiate stars, yet still couldn't decipher which top-notch quarterback would turn out to be a better pick for the Buccaneers and Titans.
When asked between top overall pick Jameis Winston and second selection Marcus Mariota, Butkus couldn't come away with a conclusion. "I really can't decide. Both are so talented and I really think both could have very bright futures."
Follow boards and re-pin you favorite NFL images on Pinterest.com/NFL.
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Bring life to fabrics with the best tie dye kits
- Jazz up your wardrobe with the leading grommet belts of 2022
- Put your best foot forward with the hottest chunky boots
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate hits highest point since 2009
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!