The 2015 Costume Institute Gala, home of one of the year's most memorable red carpets, was held Monday night at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. With the theme "China: Through The Looking Glass," we were certainly expecting to see lots of red, embroidery and flowers, and the designers did not disappoint.
The red carpet was filled with crimson gowns -- from the simple and elegant to the over-the-top and extreme -- and Fashion's Biggest Night once again saw plenty of Hollywood's biggest stars. Many stayed true to the theme, donning stunning floral appliques or embroidery and traditional silhouettes, but as can always be expected at the Met Gala there were plenty who took it to the next level.
Rihanna stepped onto the carpet in a show-stopping gold robe with a matching headdress, and Kim Kardashian wore an icy sparkling gown with a feathered skirt. Beyonce made quite the appearance in a nearly-naked creation by Givenchy, out-shocking everyone everyone else who stepped on the carpet.
Two of our favorite red carpet style mavens, Sienna Miller and Diane Kruger, chose to forego gowns and as such were possibly two of our favorite looks of the night. With all this glamour, however, there is bound to be a few major fashion misses. Click through below to see our favorite -- and least favorite -- picks of the night. Then sound off in the comments with what you think!
Products We Love
The Latest from our Partners
- 4,800 Amazon shoppers swear by Bissell’s high-pressure surface clea…
- This sustainable skincare brand makes healthy products for you and the…
- Amazon shoppers rave about these $25 rain boots that ‘are a steal in c…
- Mortgage rates drop once again, remaining below 3%
- Refi with no hidden fees/points - as low as 2.125% APR (15yr)
- Do this before your next mortgage payment (it's genius)
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Photos That Prove Golden Retrievers Are the Cutest
- These Pets Are Cheating On Their Owners With Their Significant Others!