It's already the start of the 2016 campaign season, and Democrats and Republicans are lining up to tell you just how different they are. From fiscal policy, to family values and now even travel.
Hipmunk, a consumer-oriented online travel company, surveyed the travel preferences of over a thousand people who identify as either Republican or Democrat.
As with most things in politics the Elephants and the Donkeys are pretty similar whether they like to admit it or not. A penchant for sunny skies and sandy beaches is about the same across party lines. Around 30% of Democrats and Republicans prefer vacations by the sea.
But urban destinations are a little more partisan, only 9 percent of those who identify with the GOP are city slickers, versus 21 percent of Dems.
The vast majority of Elephants drive to the airport -- nearly 70 percent -- whereas only half of Donkeys do. And public transportation? Fugettaboutit if you're a red state -- only 8 percent admitted taking the ole subway or bus to the airport.
When it comes to lodging, liberals are all about the boutique hotel. Half of Democrats say they prefer boutique hot-spots. Right-wingers are a little more split with their preferences between luxury, boutique and resorts.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates retreat a bit
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Equity Into Cash
- Refinance And Have More Cash Each Month
- Unlock Your Exclusive Refi Rates Now
- Honey cake is the sweetest treat taking over TikTok
- Diver gets hilarious surprise when he cracks an egg at the ‘bottom of …
- 10 great kitchen items that are on sale this weekend (so get them ASAP…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!