Bud Light has come under fire for a new slogan that is appearing on some of its bottles.
The line on the label reads that it's "The perfect beer for removing 'no' from your vocabulary for the night."
This appears to be part of a broad marketing campaign designated by the hashtag "UpForWhatever."
The backlash has been strong, with accusations that the message condones sexual assault and irresponsible drinking.
This is the second time Bud Light has been publicly criticized for this tagline; the first happened on St. Patrick's Day this year when the company tweeted that people could be pinched whether or not they were wearing green.
In regards to the current controversy, a company executive made a statement to Buzzfeed News which reads in part, "we created more than 140 different scroll messages intended to encourage spontaneous fun. It's clear that this message missed the mark, and we regret it."
More from AOL
The Latest: Michelle Obama wears dress by Japan-born Shoji
Bruce Jenner memorabilia a hot item on eBay since Diane Sawyer interview
'Avengers: Age of Ultron' powers into uncharted territory at box office
- Latest mortgage news: Rates retreat a bit
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Your Best Refinance Rates for January 2022
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Create a bougie spa bathroom on a budget with these affordable Amaz…
- This CBD body balm feels like a mini spa treatment — it can soothe sor…
- Toddler escapes crib with the help of his older siblings: ‘When did th…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!