By Alexandra Brown
Popular standup comedian and actress Amy Schumer, recently created quite the buzz on Twitter with a viral hashtag that attracted women everywhere.
Inspired by a hilarious sketch that aired on "Inside Amy Schumer" which spoofed One Direction's "What Makes You Beautiful," Schumer made a tweet to her fans encouraging them to go makeup-less with the hashtag #girlyoudontneedmakeup.
Needless to say, the internet went wild! See the inspirational tweet below:
We are sisters and fighters and laughers and happy strong women. Smile at yourself in the mirror girl. #girlyoudontneedmakeup much love!
- Amy Schumer (@amyschumer) April 29, 2015
Within minutes, ladies everywhere were hopping on the no makeup train, tweeting pictures of themselves bare faced and fabulous, with the hashtag included!
Here are just a few of the many #girlyoudontneedmakeup tweets that engulfed the Twittersphere thanks to Schumer!
- Tessa Martinez (@TessaM74) April 29, 2015
- Sonia Aurora (@saurora510) April 29, 2015
- Christine Nangle (@nanglish) April 29, 2015
- kim caramele (@kimcaramele) April 29, 2015
- zoe kazan (@zoeinthecities) April 29, 2015
You go, ladies -- looking beautiful!
Click through for stars who went makeup free in 2014: