In 2010, a poolside accident at her bachelorette party left Rachelle Friedman Chapman paralyzed. As she'd lost mobility from her chest down, one of her greatest worries was if she'd be able to have children.
Rachelle was assured by paramedics at the scene that she would, but she was later told that due to the blood pressure medication she is on, pregnancy was too dangerous.
However, on Sunday, April 26, 29-year-old Rachelle and her husband, Chris Chapman, became parents to a baby girl, named Kaylee Rae through surrogacy.
Weighing in at seven pounds and eleven ounces, Kaylee Rae came into the world after only three hours of labor.
During the pregnancy, the Chapmans recorded themselves reading stories, which were then played to the baby through belly buds.
Rachelle wrote on Facebook the day of her daughter's birth, "Laurel did amazing and is resting after some hard work...Thank you for the most beautiful gift we will ever receive!"
The Chapmans' experience as first-time parents will be captured in an upcoming reality series which will air on TLC.
More from AOL.com:
Over 1,900 residents volunteer to clean up Baltimore
New York dims its lights for birds
Adorable baby giggles uncontrollably at dandelion
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Mom desperately tries to figure out how she got her baby to sleep t…
- It’s easier than it looks to make yourself this fancy affogato dessert
- This tiny device keeps mosquitoes away all summer, and it’s on sale fo…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!