An anti-aging expert in the UK believes that it's possible for humans to live to the ripe old age of 150, and to prove it he's using himself as a test subject.
As part of his research, Dr. Alex Zhavoronkov says he takes 100 pills a day which includes both drugs and supplements, but it's not all about the medication. He also keeps up with getting any new vaccinations and monitors his cell counts and blood biochemistry.
However, the most important part of his practice may be that he maintains the belief that living to that age is possible.
According to Zhavoronkov, one of the biggest longevity hurdles people face is psychological in nature.
He says, "People are evolved to accept their certain decline and demise...and events like child birth or retirement trigger many processes that are very difficult to reverse."
He points out that people are already living longer today than ever, and promising developments in pharmacology and regenerative medicine will likely further extend life expectancies.
In other health news, how many of these healthy eating myths have you fallen for?
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate edges up
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- TikToker shares surprising places around your house that need clean…
- This $8 stain remover has completely saved my carpet and couch from re…
- Love Uncrustables? This sandwich cutter lets you make your own at home
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!