An anti-aging expert in the UK believes that it's possible for humans to live to the ripe old age of 150, and to prove it he's using himself as a test subject.
As part of his research, Dr. Alex Zhavoronkov says he takes 100 pills a day which includes both drugs and supplements, but it's not all about the medication. He also keeps up with getting any new vaccinations and monitors his cell counts and blood biochemistry.
However, the most important part of his practice may be that he maintains the belief that living to that age is possible.
According to Zhavoronkov, one of the biggest longevity hurdles people face is psychological in nature.
He says, "People are evolved to accept their certain decline and demise...and events like child birth or retirement trigger many processes that are very difficult to reverse."
He points out that people are already living longer today than ever, and promising developments in pharmacology and regenerative medicine will likely further extend life expectancies.
In other health news, how many of these healthy eating myths have you fallen for?
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- My favorite ways to repurpose leftovers into not boring, actually d…
- Behavioral scientist Jon Levy on influence, history and his new book, …
- This $23 retinol cream ‘works miracles for acne scarring’ — and over 1…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!