After being fined $25,000 for criticizing referees over the weekend, Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle literally taped his mouth shut to prevent further penalties.
The Mavericks avoided elimination from the playoffs on Saturday by beating the Houston Rockets 121 to 109, and during the postgame press conference coach Carlisle managed to avoid another fine by putting tape across his lips.
Carlisle was fined $25,000 for remarks he made about officials after Friday night's loss against the Rockets. According to the Dallas Morning Star, Carlisle ranted about a no-call early in the fourth quarter and then mentioned referees allowing physicality throughout the series.
"That stuff's got to stop," he said. "The officials [have] got to get that stuff under control, because there's too much physical stuff going on. [...] They're a more physical team, but this series has got to be played within the rules."
This isn't Carlisle's first fine. The Mavericks coach was penalized $25,000 in 2013 for criticizing officials after a game against the Golden State Warriors, in addition to a number of other fines throughout his career. Perhaps he should always have that tape across his mouth.
More on AOL
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- The Ostrich Chair may seem a little ridiculous, but TikTok is obses…
- 6 Nike sneakers to add to your closet for $100 or less
- More than 9,000 Amazon shoppers rave about this rowing machine — and i…
- Latest mortgage news: Rates retreat amid recession fears
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!