Spending all day hunched over a computer screen can be a pain in the neck ... literally! Occupational therapist Dr. David Rempel has a few easy desk and chair adjustments that can make the tension fade away.
If you suffer from the most common discomforts associated with the workplace like aches in the neck and upper back regions, small changes to your desk can have a big impact.
Make sure your mouse is closer to your keyboard to minimize reaching. Also, your computer monitor should not be too far from you. You should be able to decipher the characters on the screen when you're sitting back in your chair. Either move the monitor closer to your body, or increase the character size.
Rempel also recommends getting up every 45 minutes to an hour to walk around for a few minutes around the office throughout the day.
See the video above for more details.
More on AOL.com
How to look more awake than you actually feel
Study finds that handsome men have a more difficult time getting jobs
How to clean up a gasoline spill in your garage with cat litter
How to protect your body from harmful fumes inside your garage
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- $300K Refi in This Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!